Vector Exercise; FTW

 


Really just playing around in Illustrator. Decided at random to go with the letters FTW, which colloquially stand for "Fuck The World". I had decided that I would like to create tension and depth by layering the letters in the Myriad Pro font, set in semibold. I copy and pasted the letters repeatedly over themselves, then used the shape builder tool to subtract overlapping areas and create negative space. This action created an interesting series of patterns reminiscent of the images on earlier computer screens that happened during a crash or a system error. I decided that the classic tech motif was worthy, and so ran with it. I downloaded a font that looked like it was on a green screen Apple II, and since Adobe couldn't load it, I typed FTW in Word, and took a screen shot. I imported this image into Illustrator and used the Image Trace tool to create outlines of the letters in the classic font, and sound the codes to match the classic green. The last thing I did, was found the classic analog interpretation of the modern dick pic, and created it in the same font before adding it underneath the digital FTW. It all made sense in my head, for some reason. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Self Portrait Exercise